Welcome to the Recreation and Parks Department, your new professional family! We are excited to have you on board and as we fundamentally change the way recreation and park systems operate. The fact that you are here means that you believe, just like we do, that recreational opportunities and park stewardship are key to healthy, happy citizens – and a thriving City! – While the Department may be a lot to take in all at once, don’t worry, we are going to do great things together!
New supervisors must complete:
- Onboarding Checklist – Use this list as a discussion point with your supervisor, to ensure you have access to all the tools you need to be successful at RPD.
- New Employee Orientation (NEO) – A Human Resources analyst will contact you to set up a date and time.
- RPD Communications Training – A Human Resources analyst will contact you to set up a date and time.
- Disaster Service Worker Training – An online course that must be completed every two years.
- Personal Preparedness Training – An online course that must be completed every two years.
- DHR courses and workshops (follow the instructions outlined near the bottom of this page under “When signing up for DHR workshops, please follow this process”):
- Implicit Bias Training — Creating an Inclusive Environment: An Introduction to Managing Implicit Bias