BEFORE registering for a class turn in the Staff Development Request Form, event flyer, and Employee Expense Preapproval Form to Accounts Payable via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All expenses must be planned and preapproved according to Accounts Payable protocols. After receiving approval from Accounts Payable send all forms and documents to EHS via email at email@example.com
Wait for approval from Accounts Payable and EHS before registering and paying for the class.
Once you have approval you can pay for the expenses and registration yourself and then follow the reimbursement process.
If the class provider requires online payment for registration, or you want RPD to pay for training-related travel and/or accommodations, after receiving approval you can pay for the registration yourself and follow the reimbursement process.
- Include ALL required signatures and a clear indication of the funding source, such as Index Code and all costs extended out into the proper payment columns in section 2.
2. An event flyer, webpage print-out of the event, or brochure and a schedule or program of events.
3. A completed Employee Expense Preapproval Form
- Include required signatures and a clear indication of the funding source, such as Index Code or PS Chart-Fields
- If requesting travel and accommodation reimbursement, comparisons of three (3) travel options and comparisons of three (3) area hotels are required. You can be reimbursed up to the GSA approved rate. Any cost over the GSA rate must be pre-approved by the Controller’s office.
For AcademyX classes: include the AcademyX Enrollment Form. Complete the Student Information, Course Information, and Supervisor sections of the form.
- AcademyX will notify you once you have been signed up, and they will invoice the funding source after you take the class.
- The class provider may allow RPD to pay directly for registration. In that case, print the registration form, or choose an option to be billed via invoice, or to receive a registration confirmation and that a payment is due.
- If applicable (if RPD will pay directly for registration), include the confirmation email or invoice from the provider. Include required signatures and a clear indication of the funding source such as Index Code or PS Chart-Fields.
When signing up for DHR workshops, please follow this process:
1. Submit RPD’s Staff Development Request form with all required paperwork (such as the event flyer and/or Employee Expense Preapproval form) to Accounts Payable – firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. After approval from Accounts Payable and EHS, go to the DHR’s online form.
3. On the first page, select the workshop you want to attend, and fill in the information about yourself and your supervisor. Determine whether the RPD will pay, or you will pay by personal check.
4. If RPD is paying for the workshop, you will be taken to a second page and asked for the contact information of the person who will be authorizing the payment method.
Please use this information:
• Person authorizing payment method: Jeffrey Bramlett
• Job Title: Environment, Health and Safety Division Manager
• E-Mail Jeffrey.Bramlett@sfgov.org
• Phone: 415-831-2707
5. Submit the form. You will receive emails from DHR. Your supervisor and Jeffrey Bramlett will approve the request.
6. DHR will notify you when you have been signed up for the workshop.
AFTER training is complete:
• Fill out the Training Documentation Form and enter it here:
• Employees should always keep records of training they complete to prove completion as well as qualification to perform work assigned. Similarly, supervisors should always keep records of employees they supervise to prove completion and qualification to perform work assigned.
• If you were pre-approved for employee expenses and need to be reimbursed for registration, travel, and/or accommodations, email the following documents to Accounts Payable at email@example.com:
1. Your completed Travel (and Training) Expense Form
- Include required signature and a clear indication of the funding source, such as Index Code or PS Chart-Fields.
- If applicable, include the license plate number, and make and model of your vehicle
2. Your original approved Employee Expense Preapproval Form.
3. The original itemized receipt(s) – Copies not accepted.
4. Proof of payment, i.e., a copy of your Credit Card or Bank Statement. Please black-out unrelated transactions to protect your privacy.
5. Proof of completion of the course.