The Department of Human Resources posted important year-end deadlines for FY2019/2020 tuition requests on DHR’s website at: https://sfdhr.org/online-tuition-reimbursement-process. We’ve noted the important deadlines below and the schedule is similar to last year’s schedule.
New Account Requests
- Friday, June 5th – Last day for employees to send their Department Representative a new account request (in order to submit a FY2019/2020 pre-approval request)
- Tuesday, June 9th – Last day for the Department Representative to submit new account requests to DHR
FY2019/2020 Pre-Approval Requests
- Tuesday, June 30th, Last day to submit a FY2019/2020 pre-approval request
- Please submit your pre-approval request as soon as possible because the new fiscal year starts on July 1, 2020. NOTE: Any expenses incurred on or after July 1, 2020 will NOT be reimbursed with FY2019/2020 funds.
- Incomplete pre-approval requests (where DHR added at least two notes before June 30, 2020) will be rejected July 1, 2020.
- All Pre-Approvers need to approve pre-approval requests by: Tuesday, July 7th
FY2019/2020 Expense Reports
- Friday, July 10th –Last day for employees to submit FY2019/2020 tuition-related expense reports
- Friday, July 17th –Last day for HR Supervisors to approve FY2019/2020 tuition-related expense reports
- Friday, July 24th –Last day for Expense Managers to approve FY2019/2020 tuition-related expense reports
- Monday, July 27th-Any FY2019/2020 expense reports not approved by the expense manager will be canceled
- If your request is cancelled, you may be eligible to submit a new pre-approval request in FY2020/2021. You may be eligible for reimbursement with FY2020/2021 funding. Please check your MOU for eligibility information.
- Monday, July 27th – DHR will start processing FY2020/2021 new account requests
- Monday, August 3rd – DHR plans to open the online tuition reimbursement system for FY2020/2021 pre-approval requests