- Never commit or expend departmental funds without having pre-approval from Finance and an approved Staff Development Request Form. Always feel free to check in with firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Check out the DHR Tuition Reimbursement website to learn about the DHR reimbursement process and how to submit a pre-approval request. https://sfdhr.org/online-tuition-reimbursement-process
- For new Union Tuition Reimbursement account requests, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org: employee name, DSW ID, job class, and email address.
- See RPDNet for Controller’s Office and Finance rules and guidance, on pre-approval, travel food and lodging (i.e., Chapter 12X banned states, local restrictions, air/own car/rental car travel, lodging). Go to: https://rpdnet.org/how-we-work/policies/ – “Employee Expense Reimbursement Policy”
Once the DHR Tuition Reimbursement pre-approval request is started, follow the RPD process for requesting the training.
- Fill out and submit the SDRF and Employee Expense Pre-approval to your Supervisor. Supervisors will then send the forms to Finance at email@example.com. Both forms are located in https://rpdnet.org/forms/.
- All training requests, whether they incur costs or not, need an SDRF and Expense Pre-approval form to assist with supervisor time approvals and any other issues that may come up.
- Training requests, even if the training has no cost, can get complicated if food, lodging and travel are involved. Submit both forms as soon as possible, otherwise there may not be enough advanced notice to complete the training time approvals and the expense pre-approvals.
Best practice tips: fill out the forms early and submit them right away. EHS and Finance can help with any issues or questions, but this often takes a while so send them in early! We are here to help you through what can seem like a complicated, yet necessary, process.